46° Coos Bay
Student Radio 91.3 and 105.1/1420

KMHS Pirate Radio

KMHS Pirate Radio

KMHS Pirate Radio

91.3 KMHS On Air

91.3 KMHS Pirate Radio is a musical format known as CHR (Contemporary Hit Radio). Plays pop, and dance, and sometimes urban, alternative, rock, and country crossover as well. Often referred as “Top 40”; in terms of incorporating a variety of genres of music, CHR is the successor to the original concept of Top 40 radio which originated in the 1950s.

Monday – Friday 

• 12m – 6a – Pirate Radio
  • 6a – 8a – Pirate Radio
  • 8a – 10a – Pirate Radio
  • 10a – 12n – Pirate Radio
  • 12n – 2p – Pirate Radio
  • 2p – 4p – Pirate Radio
  • 4p – 6p – Pirate Radio
  • 6p – 8p – Pirate Radio
  • 8p – 12m – Pirate Radio

Saturday

Pirate Radio All Day plus:

• 8a – 9a –  Gunalcheesh – A weekly celebration of Alaska Native languages, especially the endangered Tlingit, Haida, and Ts’msyen. Hear conversations, songs, stories, and more in indigenous languages without much translation. “Gunalchéesh” means “Thank You” in the Tlingit language. Broadcasted by K’yuuhlgáansii (“Place of One’s Own”, Haida) from KCAW Sitka, Alaska.
  • 9a – 10a – Michael Johnathon’s Wood Songs Old-Time Radio Hour – “Mr. Rogers meets the Grand Ole Opry” A live audience broadcast featuring youngsters from across the country. Performance and Conversation.
  • 10a – 11a – Wilderness & Wild Life  – Weekly interviews with wildlife researchers, academics, authors and advocates about their work to study and defend many species of wildlife, including Bison, Wolves, Grizzly Bears and Raptors – in many places from New England to Texas, the Rockies to the Great Lakes, Alaska to the Everglades.
  • 11a – 12n – The Not Old Better Show – Free and independent, The Not Old Better Show, Smithsonian Associates Interview Series is a fascinating, high-energy program of big-name guests, inspiring role models, and exciting topics with entertaining host and credentialed journalist Paul Vogelzang. Each week, award-winning journalist and host of the Smithsonian Associates Not Old – Better Show, Paul Vogelzang, interviews sports and entertainment superstars, health and nutrition experts, and ordinary people living extraordinary lives, all delivering the message that it’s never too late to pursue your passions and create a life of purpose, adventure, and significance. The Not Old Better Show is the proud host of The Smithsonian Associates Interview Series.
  • 6p – 7p – Horns Radio – KMHS student broadcaster Jesse brings you an hour of the music that can be described as hard. Turn up the volume and rock out with Jesse Saturdays on KMHS Pirate Radio.
  • 7p – 8p – Diamond 1 Radio – KMHS student broadcasters Bryson and Alex bring you an hour of the freshest music on the South Coast. Music, news and the fellas Saturdays on KMHS Pirate Radio.

Sunday

Pirate Radio All day plus:

• 11a – 12 n – Gunalcheesh – A weekly celebration of Alaska Native languages, especially the endangered Tlingit, Haida, and Ts’msyen. Hear conversations, songs, stories, and more in indigenous languages without much translation. “Gunalchéesh” means “Thank You” in the Tlingit language. Broadcasted by K’yuuhlgáansii (“Place of One’s Own”, Haida) from KCAW Sitka, Alaska.
  • 12n – 1p – Michael Johnathon’s Wood Songs Old-Time Radio Hour – “Mr. Rogers meets the Grand Ole Opry” A live audience broadcast featuring youngsters from across the country. Performance and Conversation.
  • 1p – 2p – The Not Old Better Show – Free and independent, The Not Old Better Show, Smithsonian Associates Interview Series is a fascinating, high-energy program of big-name guests, inspiring role models, and exciting topics with entertaining host and credentialed journalist Paul Vogelzang. Each week, award-winning journalist and host of the Smithsonian Associates Not Old – Better Show, Paul Vogelzang, interviews sports and entertainment superstars, health and nutrition experts, and ordinary people living extraordinary lives, all delivering the message that it’s never too late to pursue your passions and create a life of purpose, adventure, and significance. The Not Old Better Show is the proud host of The Smithsonian Associates Interview Series.