46° Coos Bay
Student Radio 91.3 and 105.1/1420

KMHS Pirate Radio

KMHS Pirate Radio

KMHS Pirate Radio

KMHS General Contest Rules

KMHS AM & KMHS FM

GENERAL CONTEST RULES

These are the general rules governing all contests aired on KMHS-AM and/or KMHS-FM and on the kmhsonline.com website and KMHS social media platforms. In the following rules, “KMHS” means Coos Bay Public Schools, which owns KMHS-AM and KMHS-FM radio:

1. No purchase is necessary to enter any KMHS contest.
  2. Some KMHS contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values, and these rules will be aired on KMHS during said contest. Only one winner per household, regardless of relationship, per 30 days is allowed. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener (any individual who is found not to meet the minimum stated eligibility criteria) will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
  3. Your participation (over the phone, internet, in person, email, written letter) with KMHS is your grant of permission for station(s) to use your voice, name, image and likeness for promotional, broadcast or internet purposes related to the KMHS.
  4. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of the winner. KMHS reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal, or greater value.
  5. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prizes awarded. All winners of a prize, or multiple prizes, valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax form(s) at the KMHS (Marshfield High School) offices prior to claiming the prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
  6. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), KMHS delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as KMHS awarding the prize to the winner. KMHS shall be entitled to rely in good faith upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. KMHS shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
  7. All KMHS contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 13 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to KMHS that will be presented to KMHS and accepted before the prize is awarded. If winner is under 18 their legal parent or guardian must accompany winner to claim prize(s).
  8. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the KMHS studio (unless otherwise noted), 972 Ingersoll Ave. Coos Bay, OR between 7am – 8am and 3:30p-6p, Monday through Friday (excluding school breaks/holidays posted on the Marshfield High School/Coos Bay School District websites) within 2 weeks of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
  9. Employees and student staff of KMHS, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families or significant others of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a ten mile radius of the KMHS studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is the current legal guardian.
  10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
  1. KMHS reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
  2. KMHS, Coos Bay Public Schools assume no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded, or individuals’ participation in any contest/promotion/event. KMHS and Coos Bay Public Schools, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
  3. As a licensee of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and a trustee of the public airwaves, KMHS reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of KMHS and Coos Bay Public Schools administration if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
  4. KMHS and Coos Bay Public Schools reserve the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The Administration’s decision is always final.
  5. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (541)267-1405 ext. 2300. The person operating the telephone at KMHS has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
  6. KMHS shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or Internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
  7. The following are specifically related to E-contests promotions on https://kmhsonline.com
  • All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
  • To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of KMHS, as defined at the exclusive discretion of KMHS management.
  • Any problems with the Internet or email are not KMHS’s responsibility.
  • A copy of these rules is also available during business hours at the Marshfield High School offices, 972 Ingersoll Ave, Coos Bay, OR.

General Contest Rules Approved & Posted 01/26/24